A-Team Match Report v Cumnor Minors

Match Report – Faringdon Town A v Cumnor Minors

This week the Don entertained Cumnor Minors who they had drawn with earlier in the season.

The Don got off to a poor start and Cumnor dominated the first 15mins but with little threat of troubling keeper Lee Murbey. A change of formation then saw us dominated the remainder of the half. Jack Green was at the heart of all our attacking play. A good Crossfield ball from Leon Redwood Hanson found Jack in on goal but he was adjudged to be offside. Jason Evans then put Jack through with an overhead kick but he shot wide. His next attempted from a tight angle hit the side netting.

Dan Pugh was dominant in defence tidying up any loose balls. Lee tipped over a rare effort for a corner. Jack then linked up with Derren Harrington but effort cleared the bar. Ollie Pickett was covering every blade of grass sniffing out any danger. The goal finally came after 30mins. Jacks corner was helped across the box by Nick Wojcik’s flicked header to the far post where Darryl Curtis headed home from close range. The domination continued but it was Cumnor who struck just before half time. A rare attack saw a cross from the right meet by the Cumnor forward who’s miss header looped in off the bar.

The second half was much more even and started disastrously for the Don who found themselves 2-1 down within a few seconds of the restart. Form the kick off a mix up saw Woj put through his own goal. Panic set in for a few minutes and Lee had to be alert to tip over from a miss kick from Darryl.

Jason got us back into the game on 55mins with a crisp low shot from 25yrds which flew just inside the post. 5 mins later and we were 3-2 up. Good work by Jack saw the ball fall to Darryl Curtis who lobbed the stranded keeper from 25yrds. Chris Watts then put in a good free kick that was begging to be meet by someone for a tap in but no one was alert enough to get on the end of it. For the third game in a row the Don threw the points away. Was again a defensive mix up allowed the Cumnor forward to score from close range. With seconds remaining Derren drilled a corner which found Darryl unmarked at the far post who missed out on his hat trick by somehow heading wide from two yards.

Final Score: Faringdon Town A 3 v 3 Cumnor Minors

More points drop. We will try again next week at Marcham.