Match Report – Faringdon Town A v Uffington Res 4/3/17

previous arrow
next arrow

Match Report – Faringdon Town A v Uffington Res –

The Don were looking to continuing their good run of from as the entertained lowly Uffington Res in our last home game of the season.

The first 10 mins looked promising as we played the ball around well creating a couple of half chances. A combination of passes between Chris Watts, Macaulay Luckett-Goves and Derren Harrington ended with the later shooting wide. Jack Green had a speculative shot from distance which the keeper tumbled behind for a corner. But once again we found ourselves behind. Leon Redwood-Hanson miss kicked saw the ball go wide and a whipped cross was finished smartly giving Lee Murbey no chance.

The lads responded well and continued to move the ball with purpose. Jason Evans slipped the ball through for Jack but his lob dropped harmlessly over the bar. Dez pushed the ball wide to Chris his fine cross could only be helped wide by Jason. A rare attack by Uffington saw Nick Wojcik robbed on the edge of our box but the Uffington forward shot wide. Normal service was resumed Macca put Jack though but his heavy touch rolled to the keeper.

Good link-up play saw a dangerous cross from Darryl Curtis put wide for a corner. The equaliser finally came after 30mins. The Don were awarded a free kick central 25yrd out. Dez spanked a low drive past the wall it hit the inside of one post went across the line and hit the other post before rebounding to Macca following in and he tapped home. Five minutes later we were 2-1 up Leon’s cross was meet by Jason and his header went through the keeper’s legs. The dominance continued. Jason was brought down on the edge but the free kick was blocked by the wall moments later it was 3-1 a Jason was barged over in the area. He dusted himself down and leathered the spot kick high into the net.

Chances Kept Coming in the Second Half

The second half was much the same we talked at half time about keeping the ball and to keep the passing going. More chances came Dez put Jack through but he overran the ball. A Dez free kick was meet by Jack his shot went wide. A promising move involving Dez, Macca and Jason broke down on the edge of Uffingtons area. Number 4 soon arrive as Jason completed his hat trick. Macca passed to Dez he miskicked and the ball fell kindly to Jason who finished from 15yrds. Moment later and it was 5. Jack chased a lost cause but the keeper tumbled and allowed Jack to run the ball into the empty net.

Uffington had their best spell of the game. Woj blocked a good effort. Andy Capper slipped but Murbs was alert and parried away the effort on goal. Jason then scored his 4th and the Dons 6th as he lobbed the keeper from 30yrd. Moments later he could have had his 5th as he meet Dezzer’s corner but headed wide. Uffington then had a chance Ollie Pickett hit a free kick into the wall on the edge of the Uffington area a quick break saw Murb’s block when one on one. Number 7 came on 89 minutes. Jason knocked a great ball over the Uffington defence Darryls effort was saved but Dez followed up and rounded off a good display by the whole team.

Final Score: Faringdon Town A 7 – 1 Uffington Res

Three wins on the trot and scoring 15 goals see the Don jump to third and a plus goal difference. It’s a pity we only have one game to go which is away to high flying Coleshill Res on the 25th March. They are on a great run themselves. This will be a real test of how far we have come since they thumped us 9-0 in the cup.