Faringdon Town 1-3 Didcot Town Reserves –

Town faced a tough opponent in the Berks & Bucks Cup in Didcot Town Res. After a quick tempo opening ten minutes Town faced a corner, that needed a goal-line clearance from full back Liam Tudway. After 10 mins town were 1-0 down. A free kick for the home side was cleared and Didcot broke at the Town defence, resulting in the opening goal. 2 mins later captain Martyn Gatehouse clipped a ball into Jordan Wilkins who’s flick on was picked up by Rob Owen who’s volley hit the back of the net and town back in the game 1-1. Town then faced another spell from Didcot that saw them clear another ball off the line and a couple of great saves from keeper Justin Yates. Just before half-time town forward Jordan Wilkins had another good effort  well saved by the Didcot keeper.

Half time 1-1

After the break, it was backs to the wall again for The Don with Didcot pushing hard, 10 mins in to the second half, another fine save from Towns keeper kept them in the game. With the minutes ticking by Town were competing all over the pitch and frustrating their higher league opposition. Concentration finally broke down for Town after 75 mins when a corner for Didcot wasn’t cleared properly and fell kindly to a Didcot player who managed to hook the ball into the net. Town 2-1 down.
This knocked the stuffing out of us and 5 mins from time a ball slipped through the defence was picked up by the Didcot forward one-on-one, he rounded Justin Yates who dived at his feet and caught the forward. The ref pointed to the spot and Towns keeper was sent off. The penalty was put in and Didcot were 3-1 up. The final whistle went and the home side knocked out of cup.

Final socre 1-3

A great performance from the lads to compete for as long as we did against a very good and organised opponent. A lot of positives collectively and individually from the side and perhaps deserved a better result from the performance we put in.
Hoping to take this performance into our next few game.
Darryl Curtis – Manager